Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Day 3: Media



"Creative skills help students become better problem solvers, communicators and collaborators" Apple 2018.


Today's session focused on the create aspect of Maniakalani. A key message was using digital technology as a tool to help hook the students, but not as the be-all-end-all; to explore a variety of ways for students to express their ideas and be creative (to explore and discover).

Encouraging students to become creative and innovative thinkers and problem solvers is something I am passionate about, so to explore new tools from which to develop and share these elements is exciting.


Today's learning:

Today's learning included:
  • Creating a YouTube channel and adding a playlist - very useful creating a place to store videos (that can be shared).
  • Exploring the use of media (sight, sound, motion) as a learning tool. Inspirational ideas on using film and video to engage learners.
  • Google Drawing (create image 'about me' - to the right of my blog, buttons and templates - and using the grey area to add resources that won't show in the final png). I have just started to explore Google Drawing as a teaching and learning tool, so this was very helpful.
  • Goolge slides... I have been using Google Slides to share learning to the students and as a tool to access resources. The possiblilites just keep getting better!
  • Animations using Google Slides (I could spend hours on this!) and uploading it to our blog...


My notes to help me follow the process...



Thoroughly enjoyed today! 







6 comments:

  1. Hi Karla, I really enjoyed your animation. I thought your use of a GIF was very clever. The animation session was a highlight of my day. I didn't realise how much we could achieve with google slides. Have you managed to look at Google keep or google tasks? This is my goal this week, I've got to go find time. Bye for now. Ngā mihi, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora,
    Lots of learning happening today Karla! Would it blow your mind to know that you can add Google Drawings to Google Slides? If you have a moment there are some great toolkits done by other facilitators for both tools. Well done on loading your animation onto your blog! Nā, M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to exploring the new opportunities available within Slides and Google Draw. I did 'attend' one toolkit on Slides, which I saved and will definatley explore further when I find a bit more time. It is all very inspiring. I look forward to exploring some of the other toolkits you mention.

      Delete
  3. Karla, your animation looks great. I felt like I was sitting down at the beach enjoying the view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful animation Karla. I love the seagull flying over the top, was that a gif file?
    You just need a bit of sound to bring it to all to life :)

    ReplyDelete